Embrace Sweets

Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Night at the W

What a wonderful evening.

Hello all, tonight's blog will be short and sweet, I just wanted to share with you an amazing evening I just had.

I surprised mum with an evening out under the stars, we went to the W Hotel in Westwood, CA for their Sunday evening outdoor movie event.  Tonight's film, Julie/Julia - one of my favorites. The film especially touched my heart this time around and I found many similarities across all of our paths (Me, Julie and the infamous Julia) we are all in search of what brings us joy, for what we feel is our calling and what we feel so passionately about, that it drives us to jump out of bed every morning and dream about at night. As Julia said, "I think about food all the time, I do, I even dream about it....." In a way I feel the same; discovering my love of food, of wine, of butter gave my life meaning when I was certain that there was none. Discovering a love of writing and realizing that I too have a voice has given me a new found passion and strength. Unlike Julie, I can't say that "Julia saved me", or that she me pulled from the ocean" but I can say I know the feeling and when I close my eyes I can still taste that one meal that changed it all for me. YUM!

W Hotel Westwood
Sunday Night Outdoor Films @the Backyard (Pool Area)
Free Event - Memorial Day - Labor Day
Free Popcorn, blankets and pillows!


p.s. Hot Coco we paid for, and it was delicious the parfait accompaniment to the evening. :-)
Till the next meal!
B

2 comments:

Apple said...

My uncle live around the area and he had been asking me to come over to experience the outdoor movie event too. He knows that I am a movie buff so he guaranteed that I will enjoy W Hotel. I think I should drop by, I wonder why it took me this long.

Was this a pne time event though?

Cheryl (the shackled muse) said...

That sounds like a truly inspirational movie, I should really watch it