Embrace Sweets

Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Wonderful Day for a Market

Oh what a lovely surprise it was to discover such a fantastic find in my own backyard.  I've lived in North County San Diego for nearly a year now and just now had the opportunity to visit the much acclaimed Leucadia Farmer's Market.  This was surely a treat - the market was awesome, so many wonderful (new) vendors, amazing food and just all around good people. :-)  Had a chance to see some of the 'best' of San Diego today.

This market happens every Sunday from 10 - 2pm -


Some of my favorite vendors:

 Shanti's Kitchen -  Shanti is incredible, not only are her soups delicious, fresh and the menu changes every week but she did something UNHEARD of in my book..  By the time I got to her booth, I was completely spent and she didn't take credit cards - so what's a girl to do?  Well she tells me - pick a soup and mail me a check!  AH! Can you believe it?  That's old school farmers market(ing) at it's best!


Between the happy vendors,  European Style butter and fresh cheeses,

 Sambazon Acai Bowls and of course my favorite Fresh, Authentic Indian (to-go) what else do you really need at a farmer's market?




The Leucadia FM really has something for everyone, not only is it great for the whole family but an ideal market to shop for grocery for the week.  In my opinion most Farmer's markets these days are heavy on the ready-to-eat foods and limited on fresh breads, fruits and veggies; or they're heavy on fruits and veggies but you can't get other staples like bread, milk, eggs, cheese, specialty items.




I keep joking that one of these days I'm going to start a Farmer's Market and it's going to have the BEST of everything and of course lot's of new and exciting things you wouldn't normally find in a market.  Who knows, 'one day' might just happen; until then you can find me (on Sunday's) at Leucadia Farmer's Market - I'll be the one hanging out with a bottle of Green Drink in one hand, a jar of Salted Whiskey Caramel in the other and a bag full of Shanti's Soup and grocery. :-)

Happy Shopping!

Want to share your favorite farmer's market experience email us. We'd love to hear from you!

B + S


No comments: